Date(s) - 01/08/2016 - 28/08/2016
Trika Eco Villa – Chiang Mai
Adi Yoga Certification Training
The Adi-Yoga Instructor Programs are a unique and rewarding path of fulfillment in the science and art of yoga.read more
Adi Yoga Certification Training
This one-month retreat in Adi-Yoga is an opportunity to learn and become certified in one of the rarest forms of ancient Trans-Himalayan Yoga. Personal practice of Adi-Yoga is a never-ending path of enjoyment and self-discovery, as is teaching it to others. The tradition of Adi-Yoga has come down through the ages untouched by the commercial exercise trend popular in yoga today and has emerged as a comprehensive and authentic method of self-discovery, self-mastery and self-realization. There is much more to the yoga tradition than physical postures, some breathing exercises and concentration, but until now there was very limited access to this amazing traditional form of yoga. We invite you to come train to be a certified Adi-Yoga Instructor!
A brief overview of the 11 branches of Adi-Yoga:
- Asana – Specifically designed to awaken dormant energies of vitality and consciousness to be utilized in the other more subtle aspects of the system, descriptions of which follow…
- Pranayama – Generating, refining and extending the energy of vitality via the breath
- Bandha – Concentrating and fusing the energies of vitality and consciousness in the main physico-energetic centers of the body in order to invoke an alchemical transformation at the level of the psyche and the body tissues
- Mudra – Learning to direct the subtle energies through specific positioning of body and mind
- Meditation with Form (visualizations and sounding)
- Meditation without Form – the non-sequential system of direct realization meditation
- Kriya Yoga – Experiencing “Oneness” through the alchemical unification of body, energy, & mind achieved through progressive practices that control the “inner winds” & channels, cakras and bindus
- Primal Ayurveda – The original form of Ayurveda before becoming heavily influenced by transcendentalist philosophies
- Text Study – The original yoga tradition has very few surviving texts but what has survived has sagely advice for the modern practitioners of Adi-Yoga
- Transmission – This means learning via physical presence versus correspondence courses or being self-taught. Transmission ensures quality control for future generations of yoga practitioners
- Formal Introduction – this is a process whereby the practitioner is prepared energetically for an arduous period of practice, usually a solo retreat of some length and ceremonially confirmed that they have completed the training-retreat and are authorized to teach it to others
- Integration Practice – the most important of all practices of the Adi-Yoga tradition Integration Practice enables us to “know what we know”, it is the way we learn to abide in our essential feeling of oneness while thriving in every dualistic situation of difficulty or ease that comprise the path of life.
This Level I instructor certification training will go into depth in the following specific areas:
- the 7 main bandhas
- basic and intermediate asana
- Adi-Yoga sequencing principles and examples
- kriya yoga (techniques from 3 systems)
- text study
- the sequential path of yoga meditation
- guerilla anatomy
- the integrated “awarenesses” of traditional Tantrik Yoga applied in practice
Whether you’re just beginning the journey of becoming a yoga teacher or looking to go deeper into your existing teaching career and practice, the Adi-Yoga Instructor Programs are a unique and rewarding path of fulfillment in the science and art of yoga. We welcome your participation!
$1,195 USD before July 15, 2016
$ 1,395 USD after July 15, 2016
Delicious breakfast and lunch prepared by our personal gourmet chef
Instructor Certificate upon completion
Daily morning pick up and afternoon drop off at Thae Phae Gate in old town, Chiang Mai can be arranged for an additional fee. Accommodation in Trika Eco Villa in our shared bunk room or in a private room (both with ensuite bathroom) may also be available. Please inquire for more information!
Bookings are closed for this event.